Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Life and other such events

Here it goes, my first venture into writing anything. One does have many random thoughts that one feels very strongly about writing, but when those thoughts need to be penned into words, there is an immense silence, now i know how writer's block feels like. Well, this is my page atleast whatever is in it is mine, good or bad. I would like to take this opportunity, to write about this world as i know it. As i sit in my office, i wonder, do i work to live? or live to work? the former seems the more appealing of the two but when i think about it the latter is the one tht seems to have precedence. My life is organised around my work, not that it is bad, but ive come to realise that while this work that i do rates among the most important things, ironically though the company i work for would not be impacted in any way good or bad by my work, its too big. 10 years ago, i would have scorned at this thought and gone on happily in my belief that i do make a change and i am geared for greater things. Now reality bites, i know anyone, not even the CEO of the company can change a whole lot.

Then what am i doing? Do i strive for creating value, bettering things around me or am i scrambling for existence. I think i finised B School, with dreams of the former and now that im in my thirties im slipping to the latter. I would reckon that this is a common feeling that would appear to most employees of big monoliths. Maybe this is midlife crisis that i hear about.

No comments: