Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ten Questions on Life

I thought to myself, if I had ten doubts to clarify on life, what would they be? These came to mind:

1) Is there God? Isn't there God? Which question would lead me to the right answer?
2) Is truth subjective? If something so powerful is subjective, is there anything that is universal?
3) Is there a perfect life? Will I ever live a perfect day? Or did I sleep through it?
4) Is pride a good thing? Being proud of one's country is good but pride goes before fall...so what do I strive for?
5) Are some people luckier than others? What is luck? Who decides who is luckier?
6) Am I really a better person than another human being? Is there someone better than I am? Or is this subjective too?
7) Que sara sara...is there a destiny? Is there a pre-written path that I follow? Do I have no control?
8) 59 dead in Iraq .. One dead in Kashmir, today, who do I mourn? Do I mourn? How do I remember them beyond just a number? Would i be one such number sometime too? a mere number?
9) What is being fearless? When most of existence is sculpted by fear?
10) Is there heaven and hell? Or a soul within the body? Or a life after death? do I imagine these to help my day to day existence?

I probably have to ask another question...Will i ever find out the answers? Would i comprehend the answers? All they already with me?

(I have a friend to thank for pointing out that i seem to have exceeded the 10 questions by clubbing multiple questions togather. I would like to point out an entry in the Writer's Rule Book Chapter III, Secion 2.5.1 (iv) Addendum B1. "Its a writer's previledge on what he/she writes when he/she is not paid for what he/she writes". I hope that amply clarifies my position)

2 comments:

Apss said...

Hey this is a pure Unrelated and selfish reply to the entry in my blog - blogging is great but there is always a point - for all bloggers where they start to stagnate. Blogging has something in it - unless you hvae readers you really cant sustain the same enthusiasm .... try it ... but enjoy your days as a true blogger!
You have my Ashirvams! (though younger than thy!!!)

neha said...

nah nah i shouldnt say i can answer or even attempt to answer, but the questions are close to my heart as well and i cannot pass them without making a note.

what is god? the first cause? you mean to say did the world come out of nothing or did it come out something? but then what is the world? and who are YOU?

again who are YOU? who is the subject and where does the subject end and the universe start?

perfect life? you slept thru it? sleep is when you are not concious of your waking state experiences, and life is your waking state experiences; so how can you sleep thru your life (perfect or otherwise). Perfect? when everything adds up and makes sense and is under control, is that Perfect?

What do you strive for? would that be Perfection?

Luck? i'll skip that one...

better person? happier person? different person? what say you?

Is there a destiny? Is there a habit? if you keep doing predictable acts, how can your consequences be unpredictable?

a mere number? will skip that too..

Fear is of the unknown, when there is no unknown there is no fear! LET THERE BE LIGHT!

soul within the body? it is like space within the pot, is the pot in the space or space in the pot? light in the room or light in the filament of the bulb? i personally like the space example better!

heaven? hell? what do you mean by these terms? be clear about your confusion, as they say!

these ideas are not really out of my head, they are out of the books i read... so all errors mine and if there is anything at all good about them it is from those great authors... (this might sound like me being humble but honestly it is not, they really are great and i err a bit too often)