Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Badly Written Poem with an Unoriginal Thought

Our roles in life define us,
Or so they say.
We know our parts but not the words,
So flit between many a cliche.
Confusion within, confusion without,
Why think? we are just bit actors in a grand play.

We smile if happy, cry if sad, fight if slighted,
It's the same from New york to Bombay,
Who leads who? What leads who?
It's hard to tell on any given day,
Confusion within, confusion without,
Why think? we are just bit actors in a grand play.

(I am not a poetry freak, far from it, I can't understand most modern verse, to me you gotta spell it out in black and white, no shades of grey or pink or orange or whatever colour, just black and white and poets seldom do that. Apart from the poems that I had to read in school, I have never read popular poetry. When I approached this post I was only armed with the knowledge that I had to get rhyming words in the end of each line or each alternate line, thats it. So I dunno if you like one this but I personally prefer the poem that starts with 'All the world's a stage...', I don't remember the other lines. This is most definitely my first and only attempt at poetry. Now, I'm gonna get all artsy fartsy and ask that when you comment on this post, you have to write something nasty about this poem and the effort, limericks are more than welcome...call it poetic licence :P )

6 comments:

the cowlick said...

my two cents at something nasty.. Who leads whoM
Confusion within, confusion without.. Why think? we are just bit actors in a grand play.
well said mate

R. said...

hey cowlick, thanks for both the comments :)

as of now i've had two people who have pointed out to me that 'all the world's a stage..' isn't a poem but a play.

I'm glad that two people caught this 'intentional' faux paus...you know that I was just testing ya readers, right? right? hehe

shana p. said...

I like your poem-
it's found its home
within this tome
maybe a gnome
won't feel so alone,
will like the tone
pick up the phone
and throw you a bone...

now THAT'S a bad poem...but I like yours!

R. said...

cheesey...that one cracked me up! lol

Prat said...

One of the two named the wrong play. It is from As you like it. Not whatever blah I mumbled yesterday.
Confusion within, confusion without.. Why think?
I concur whole heartedly with the why think bit.

-c said...

I'm with Cheesecake on this one,
(Just a multi-sensual game o' fun)
we all play in shades of gray,
tempting counter-selves astray,
leading seagulls on the run
and wonderin' if we're all just a big-giant-huge-like-really-monstrous PUN...?

Keep writing everything and anything! We'll enjoy/comment/opinionate and love it all!