Monday, February 20, 2006

A time to celebrate!

Today I just had to write a post. So I asked myself what would I write if I were given no time to think out a post. I said to myself, there could be something witty to write ofcourse, apparenltly witty took a day off today. An amusing anecdote then? Well, writing about watching the twitching mustache of a client for 94 minutes and 43 seconds isn't really a barrel of laughter, you have to admit (then again if there was the right kind of music to go with it, it should be worth a giggle or two).

So what would I write about then? A sad moment? I just did write about a downer of a day, if I write more, then this blog would be labelled as a tear jerker or worse it might be even called 'sensitive' (eeks!). Today is a day to celebrate life and not to think of some silly sad moment!

Et Voila! (thats french...Oo la la, if I may say so myself) A lightbulb moment! Maybe I should write about travel. ZAPPP! Realisation! I ALWAYS write about travel. People must be tired and sick of airline stories, airport stories, Bangalore stories etc. But then again, there maybe a moment or two, yet to be told...

The reason why I want to write is just that I feel full of life now, bursting from every thought and every word thanks to a moment in my life today, maybe it deserves a word or two.

About 3 hours ago, as I was rushing to the Coimbatore airport (to catch a flight back to Chennai), we were driving from a little town called Tirupur. About 20 kilometers away, it happened, I saw the headlights of a truck coming at us just few feet away from my car as we turned a busy but blind corner at full tilt. It was staring at us with it's deadly glare as we hurtled towards it at about 80 kmph. It was a strange moment dragged for eternity.

No one can figure how no one got injured, heck there was not even a scratch on the car or the truck (I think). The vehicles sweved in the last moment to miss each other by millimeters. The car ploughed into the open ground by the side of the road. There was no damage except for three very shaken men, me, my taxi driver and the driver of the truck.

How the two vehicles missed each other is something none of us are very clear about but great balls of fire, they did!

Like I said, I'm celebrating life, I just had to write, even if it was about a moment or two.

6 comments:

the cowlick said...

Lucky escape! (cool new look, btw)
PS: you can write as many travel stories as you like, and they'll always be funny :)

Janaki said...

Write more and the blog gods will protect u even more. :) Its the orange u know that is protecting ya!

R. said...

cowlick, a lucky escape indeed. I travel 3-4 days of the week so travel stories are the only ones i can actually come up with!

hey btd, thanks dude.

j, actually the orange theme wasn't intended, once i got going i just went with the flow..(in case you haven't noticed, I do write more! :P )

shana p. said...

I LOVE the new look - orange is my favorite color!

Glad your guardian angel wasn't napping and that you're ok :)

-c said...

Wow! And to think at the beginning of the post, I was going to beg for mustache-twitching stories....

What an experience! I'm glad you and everyone are OK, and filled with a new appreciation for life!

I, too, LOVE the new look! You look quite professional with a healthy sense of humour:)

R. said...

Cheesey! thanks! :)

-c! Thanks :) How was the furniture run?