Thursday, June 16, 2005

He said, She said..

In a pub its very easy to identify a table which has married people in it, the guys are all sitting together drinking beer (and contemplating on a move to whisky) and the women are sitting together nursing cocktails and whispering (and quite often giggling) while pointing at one of the husbands. How do I know this? More often than not I' m the single guy in one such table, sitting there and taking in this wierd married ritual of weekend pubbing. Often this could be a boring thing but at times it can also be an incredible source of mirth and knowledge. These are some of the gems I remember having happened over the last few years.

The scenario usually is a pub or a restaurant on a friday or a saturday evening.

He said: Hey guys, today I really exercised my rights as a boss. I let the office driver drive the car, I sat in the backseat and had a smoke. It was such a great experience.
She said: WHAT? You smoked in my car???
He said: Err....noo....yes...but there is no smell...
She said: You smoked in my car????
(This great trip cost the dude one long evening of pain)
-----------

(An attractive girl walks past the table, wearing a rather unique perfume)
He said: Ahhh..thats...
She said: Thats what???
He said: Thats a nice song that they are playing, isn't it?
She *rolls her eyes*
-----------

She said: Paragliding is sooo thrilling, you are strapped on so that you can't move either ways, the view is so scary and you are floating aimlessly in the air with no control in your hands.
He said: *muttering* Just like our marriage...
-----------

(A recently married couple)
She said:Hey, my second cousin Riya who lives in Bombay is in town with her husband next week. You remember na, you met them at our wedding.
He said: Close cropped hair, spectacles and mustache right?
She said: Ya, but Amit doesn't have a mustache, does he?
He said: No, no, I meant Riya..
-----------

She said (Chugging a beer): I'm going to Talwalkars (a gym) for the last one month
Friend said: Oh! How much have you lost?
He said: Twelve thousand bucks man..
(Oft repeated line but a true incident nevertheless)
-----------

She said: But Ajay you need to get married, you are 34 and you live such a boring life!
Ajay: But I still have my choices open don't I?
He said: (slapping Ajay in the back) CORRECT!!!! (then realised the wife is staring at him) But...marriages have their plusses, you know?
(This was narrated to us by the wife, Ajay being her elder brother)
-----------

5 comments:

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

a few gud laffs in the morning never did harm anyone :))

wait till i tell u all the dialogues i hear at pubs ;)or rather the action I witness

i see that u have me linked on ur blogroll - Thanx

ak said...

Enjoyed the post.

Vijayalaxmi Hegde said...

Liked your blog.

dizzyguy73 said...

lol. Never upset a wife :P or u'll end up sleeping on the couch.

R. said...

Thanks for the nice words everyone :)