Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What a Wonderful World...

' I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world...'

Louis Armstrong's wonderful voice oozed from the stereo, early this morning on my way to work. As I sat there listening, I was transported from the middle of the traffic jam to a small black and white cafe. I found myself sitting by the window sipping coffee, the smell of freshly baked bread wafting deliciously in the background. I watch people walking past, everything moves slowly and everyone looks happy. Children play in the sidewalk and not a vehicle on the road. The weather is nice and time stops still...

I think it was a two and a half minute glimpse of heaven.

5 comments:

shana p. said...

I really enjoy your posts, they make me smile!

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

hey luved the first few verses

n the scene is exactly like the one in "terminator2 judgement day" :))

wish life was this heavenly alwayz

R. said...

Thanks cheesey,Swathi.

Swathi, as much as i want to lay claims unfortunately the verses do belong to Louis Armstrong :)

-c said...

These are the great moments that can make any day!
For me, they often come when my head is poking through an ocean wind, or when I get lost in someone's drum beat.

Pink said...

A 2 and a half minute glimpse of heaven and your penny's worth I'm sure. Yes, music can do that.